Skip to main content

I Almost Left the Catholic Church

The Holy Spirit stopped me. 

Since last year, time after time, I read news about our highest shepherd doing things that are against my core belief, things that I felt are being twisted, being made sound complicated to understand yet only to lead to wrong things.  Such is blessing relationships in sin...how can a sin be blessed, I asked myself. It is just wrong and I will not accept this. Needless to say, I am scandalized.

I had to contemplate.

This month, God led me to Armenia.  I saw the Armenians preserved their faith, and Christian practices in the Church. I have witnessed how sacred they still keep the traditions. I wanted to become part of that.

I had to contemplate more.

I asked the Lord to help me make the right decision that night when I came home from Armenia. In my heart, I will start looking for the church here in my community, the Orthodox Christian church.

Sabbath day came. I attended my Sunday Mass. I thanked God for having brought me to Armenia and learned what I needed to learn in that place. But I did not forget to ask the Lord for guidance on the decision I was about to make.

I listened and participated in that Holy Mass so attentively. Homily came. And the first words that our Holy Priest said were these words:

When Jesus appeared to the disciples after resurrection, why did He choose the same people who betrayed Him?  They were not perfect, why choose them again?  He could have chosen to go and find others but why choose the same people?  Why?  

Because we are not perfect. We make mistakes.


Bam!  Like a punch in my heart, the Holy Spirit moved me.  There goes my answer!!!

My eyes shed tears at that point.  How the Lord really do answer me when I need Him to clear up my confused heart.  

That night, I thanked the Lord for having answered me.  I realized that even Peter, who has betrayed Him three times at the time He could have needed loyalty from His disciples, Peter was never abandoned by the Lord after all these times, the church led by Peter is still standing strong, the Catholic church.

I also remembered the homily of another Holy Priest during Christimas dawn mass: 

Christ came from a family of sinners, from generation to generation, there was always a sinner from his root.  Sometimes we condemn our family members because we want to have a perfect family but look at the family of our Lord, He came from generations of sinners!

Now, I have decided.

I will stay with the Catholic Church.  This is where God called me.

I will stay with the Catholic Church even if our highest shepherd is failing us.  It is my duty to pray for him.  He is not infallible like others teach.  A pope is just another human being, like Peter who failed and sinned before God.  So is our Pope.  

I will stay with the Catholic Church.  Specially when everything seems to be falling out of place.  That is where I am needed the most.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER!    

 

Popular posts from this blog

Take Away My Freedom

TAKE AWAY MY FREEDOM (by Lea Maria) Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to turn my back on You. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to hurt You. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to hurt and be indifferent. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom not to love as You have loved me. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to live just for myself. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to be deaf and blind to the needy. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to waste the time that is meant for You. Take away my freedom, O Lord, the freedom to ignore You when I know I heard Your call. I don't need these freedom, I don't want these freedom. Take away instead my life if my existence will be filled by these. For I only want to serve You and love You and glorify You. All the days of my life, O Lord, I belong to You.

Remedy for Occasional Spiritual Amnesia

19 7 Then he took the bread, said the blessing, broke it, and gave it to them, saying, "This is my body, which will be given for you; DO THIS IN MEMORY OF ME"  (Luke 22:19) God knew that without Jesus, we cannot live up to our commitment to God. He knew we will have amnesia at some point. Or worse, not just 'at some point'.  We do have amnesia every now and then! One day, we are so spiritually high. Next day, we are floating in a sea of desperation. One day, we kneel down promising to be a good Christian, Next day, we are spewing fire over anything we can imagine. We forget. No matter how often we profess our commitment to God. We do forget. We do forget. WE DO. WE DO. WE REALLY REALLY DO! AND THAT IS WHY JESUS SAID " Do this in remembrance of me."   The Holy Communion . First celebrated in the Last Supper. Continuously being done in every single Holy Catholic Mass!   So we don't forget Him. So, if someone asks you why ta

Christians and Muslims United At Last!

The Unity of Two Worlds This  is the proof that with God, even the most damaged relationship can be healed.   For all of us who have been brain-washed by media for hundreds of years, making us think that Muslims are bad people, let the Christians who have lived and co-existed with them be heard:  the Muslims who are true to their religion are very loving people.  In the same way that the Christians who are true to their religions live the teachings of Jesus by heart and are loving people too. The Christians in UAE thank  His Highness Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, for such a loving heart, allowing our highest religious leader to set his feet in UAE.  We thank also our Pope Francis for being true to his mission, reaching out and becoming the channel of peace.  If one of this two heads refused the prodding of the Holy Spirit, this crucial, memorable historical event would not have taken place.  They are like Jesus and Mary saying