What We Keep Forgetting When In A Relationship




Yesterday was the Feast of Mother Mary of Mount Carmel.  Am very sure this is why I am reminded today of something I learned from a friend who entered the convent of Mount Carmel years ago.

Her name is Loida. She is a very devoted lady, a devotion I have wished to have before and is still struggling in this lifetime.

One time, we had a conversation on her life in the convent.  She said that there, they cannot have close friends.

I was surprised.  No close friends?  What does she exactly mean by that?  Aren't they supposed to be full of love and have friends because of that?

And so, by the puzzle emitted by my voice, she explained without asking what could have caused the invisible question mark on my forehead.

"The reason why we can't have close friends is because we are supposed to be non-exclusive to any one.  We should love every one equally.  No special friends.  No special treatment.  All equal."

These thoughts just sprung to my mind again today.  And I quickly asked myself, 'Why am I thinking this today?'

Just before this thought, I was thinking what is love really?  Few hours ago, a person so close to my heart has tested me.  I was showed several pictures of a person that for a moment has brought jealousy in my heart.  I did not like the feeling.  I know in my heart that jealousy is never from God. So I asked, if this person is not betraying me, what is the purpose of making me jealous?

Is it a proof of love if one becomes jealous?

Or rather, a sign of insecurity?  Or a sign of fearfulness of losing the person?  If it is a sign of fear, then it follows that it is a sign of  lack of faith also?

All these questions and more.

But I want peace.

And I know how to get that.  I just have to go back to God's teachings.  I want to perfect truth to all these.

Something that we all keep forgetting every now and then.  Not just me. But all of us.


1 Corinthians 4:8

4 Love is always patient and kind; love is never jealous; love is not boastful or conceited,

5 it is never rude and never seeks its own advantage, it does not take offence or store up grievances.
6 Love does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but finds its joy in the truth.
7 It is always ready to make allowances, to trust, to hope and to endure whatever comes.
8 Love never comes to an end. But if there are prophecies, they will be done away with; if tongues, they will fall silent; and if knowledge, it will  be done away with.

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty in Vulnerability

ILANG BESES NA NAGKAACCIDENT SA FIELD TRIP?